Dr. Fresh Universityadmin
TOP 10 TIPS For Avoiding Cavities
- Use a straw when drinking fruit juices, soda pop, and even coffee. Soft drinks and coffee strain your teeth and the sugar in them will erode the enamel on your teeth.
- Drink water when eating something sweet. Why? Because drinking water can be effective as flossing.
- Drink tap water instead of buying bottle water. Most municipalities put fluoride in the public drinking water – not found in bottled water.
- Use a mouthwash and toothpaste with flouride everyday. Flouride helps to maintain strong and healthy teeth.
- Eat fruit. Eating fruit, especially apples because apples help to clean teeth between brushings. Fresh fruit helps to fight tooth decay.
- Don’t eat sweet snacks during the day, but only after dinner. Sugary foods attack your teeth 20 minutes after you finish eating them. If you must have sweets, eat them after dinner!
- Chewing sugarless gum can help promote good dental hygiene and help reduce cavities. Why? Sugarless gum helps produce salvia, which is a natural mouth rinse.
- When flossing remember to pay special attention to the back of your teeth, which a lot of people over look.
- Spend about 2 – 5 minutes brushing your teeth, twice a day.
- Buy a toothbrush that has the ADA (American Dental Association) stamp of approval.